Fourteen Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues
- When we are filled with the Holy Sprit we speak with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives the utterance [Acts 2:4, Acts 10:46]. Mark 16:17 …they shall speak with new tongues.
- Praying in tongues is for spiritual and personal edification. 1 Cor. 14:4
- Praying in tongues reminds us of the Spirit’s indwelling presence. John 14:16-17
- Interceding in tongues will keep our prayers in line with God’s will. Romans 8:26-27; 1 Cor. 14:14
- Praying in tongues will stimulate and build up your faith. Jude 20
- Praying in tongues will enable us to pray for the unknown. Romans 8:26-27; 1 Cor. 14:14
- Praying in tongues will keep us free from worldly contamination. 1 Cor. 14:28
- Praying in tongues will edify us and give us spiritual refreshing. Isaiah 28:11-12
- We can give thanks by praying in tongues. 1 Cor. 14:15-17
- Praying in tongues will help keep us in the love of God. Jude 21
- While praying in tongues you can pray out divine secrets and mysteries for your life. 1 Cor. 14:2
- Speaking in tongues will bring the tongue under subjection to the spirit. James 3:8
- Romans 8:1-1 The same spirit that raised Jesus from the dead lives inside of me.
- Acts 1:8 You shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you.
Seven Steps To Receiving The Holy Spirit
An Experience Subsequent to Salvation
- God gave the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost. The Holy Spirit has been in this world every since. Help the individual to understand it is up to him or her to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit with their faith. He is not to beg God to fill him with the Holy Spirit. Receiving the Holy Spirit is a gift. John 14:16-17 & 25-26, John 16:12-14, John 16:7, Acts 2:32-33
- Anyone who is saved (born again) is ready to receive the Holy Spirit. John 14:17, John 7:38-39, Acts 2:38
- It is scriptural to tell the person to expect to receive the Holy Spirit when hands are laid on him. Acts 8:17-20, Acts 9:10-12 & 17, Acts 19:1-3 & 6
- Tell the person what to expect (people get every idea imaginable otherwise). Tell the candidate he is to speak! The Holy Spirit will give the utterance or language, but the candidate will have to use his lips, tongue and vocal cords and speak out the language that comes out of his spirit by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit gives the utterance, but man does the speaking. Acts 1:8, Acts 2:4, Acts 10:44-46, Acts 19:6, I Cor. 14:2 & 18 & 27, Mark 16:15-18
- Tell the candidate to disregard all fears he got from foolish teachers that he might receive something counterfeit. Help him to see that he will not receive a substitute for the Holy Spirit. Luke 11:11-13, John 15:16, John 16:23
- Tell the candidate to open his mouth and breathe in as deeply as possible. Also, insist that the candidate not speak a single word in his native language. Encourage them to lift their voice and speak out whatever sounds seem easy to make, regardless of how they sound. The supernatural part is what is being said; it is not who is talking. Eph. 5:18-19
- Don’t crowd around candidates who are seeking the Holy Ghost, everyone trying to give instructions at once and getting them confused. Let one person instruct them; let one person tell them how to yield to the Spirit. Encourage them to be obedient to the Lord and keep praying and singing in the spirit.
Father, I thank you because I am born again. I am your son/daughter and You are my very own Father. Jesus is my Lord and saviour.
Father, in the name of Jesus, I ask you to fill me with Your mighty Holy Spirit. Your Word says that if I ask, I will receive. I have asked You and I have received the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Now, I am going to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gives me utterance. I will use my vocal cords, my lips and speak in other tongues because I am filled with the Holy Spirit. Thank You, Jesus.
Heavenly Father, I am a believer. I am Your child and You are my Father. Jesus is my Lord. I believe with all my heart that Your Word is true. Your Word says that, if I will ask, I will receive the Holy Spirit, so in the name of Jesus, my Lord, I am asking You to fill me to overflowing with Your precious Holy Spirit. Jesus, baptize me in the Holy Spirit. Because of Your Word, I believe that I now receive, and I thank You for it. I believe that the Holy Spirit is within me and by faith I accept it. Now, Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise my God, and I will speak in other tongues, as You give me the utterance.